Position: Facilities and Maintenance Staff Department: Operations Reports to: Plant Manager Classification: Full Time – Hourly
The Facilities and Maintenance Staff responsibility is to create, oversee, build, and implement processes to manage the sanitary condition of the facilities, their upkeep, sanitation, preventative maintenance, and safe operation of all equipment and facilities to comply with relevant regulatory bodies including USDA, FDA, CAL-OSHA, and other regulators.
- Develops, maintains, and revises safe operation and maintenance materials for OSHA compliance and reporting as necessary
- Develops, maintains, and revises operating manuals and service records for equipment
- Schedule, supervise, and perform preventative and maintenance and repairs on building, grounds and all equipment, utilizing contractors as needed. This includes structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, PLC, fabrication, and HVAC.
- Create, train and maintain company safety policies.
- Acts as internal consultant and engineer to design, build and coordinate equipment.
- Ensures the availability of trucks, equipment, and accessories to conduct the operation on a daily basis by job location and use.
- Schedules and Inspects equipment on a regular basis to comply with company safety policies.
- Accounts for all vendor work orders; ensuring they are complete and are in line with final vendor invoices.
- Designs, manages and coordinates installation and commissioning of new equipment
- Creates training documents and leads training sessions for new equipment with the operators
- Oversee the parking lot and security of facility
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Establish, maintain, and negotiate favorable terms with operational vendors and service providers.
- Occasional travel as needed for inspection of equipment and/or training
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Plumbing/HVAC, Pneumatics, Electrical & Steam
- Mechanically Trained
- Project Management
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to analyze problems, identify solutions and implement procedures for solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and work in cold and hot environments
Education / Experience
A minimum of 5 years of management experience in food manufacturing maintenance.
USDA Facility knowledge is preferred
Experience with following equipment
- Glycol chiller
- Pumps & Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs)
- Air Compressors
- Pneumatic controls
- Bottle fillers / Cappers / induction sealing
Measures of Performance
i. Creation of programs to advance the safety and maintenance of the operation
ii. Timely execution of new project implementation
iii. Adoption of sponsored initiatives
iv. Reduction of safety and hazards issues and call outs
v. Contribution of ideas and solutions that impact operations
vi. Ability to focus, prioritize and deliver on all tasks