Position: Grill Master
Reports to: Grill-Master Manager
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
The Grill-Master is our face to the public, managing all aspects of our beloved Roli Roti truck at the point of sale and interacting with customers. The Grill-Master is a salesperson, selling the product to customers, answering questions, and collecting payment. The Grill-Master also is a chef, cooking the chicken to the quality standards laid out in the Roli Roti System. The Grill-Master constantly managing the quantity of chicken prepared to ensure that there is always an appropriate amount of chickens ready for sale as well as cooking for future sales. The Grill-Master prepares the truck for sales, loads all necessary materials and equipment, and fills out all of the necessary paperwork. The Grill-Master assumes responsibility for the truck, driving it to the special events, cleaning it after each event, and reporting any equipment problems immediately.
- Load the truck with all materials and equipment necessary for sales
- Fill out paperwork concerning food quality, safety controls, and sales
- Drive the truck to special events and farmers’ markets
- Cook the chicken, managing the output so that there is always the appropriate amount ready for sale and cooking for future sales
- Must be comfortable repeatedly lifting upwards of 40 lbs
- Offer the highest level of customer service at all times
- Actively and enthusiastically sell the product
- Collect payment or supervise the cashier
- Ensure that all operations are in accordance with the HACCP/SSOP plan and government health safety regulations
- Ensure that all operations are in line with the company quality standards
- Clean and restock the truck after each event
- The Grill-Master must have excellent customer service skills. Fluency in English and excellent verbal communication is required. An understanding of restaurant or hospitality industry is preferred.
- Applicant must have a clean presence and arrives punctual at the job site.
Experience and Education
- At least 1 year experience in food service is required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Licenses and Certifications
- Must have a valid Californian Driver’s License and have no more than one ticket in the last three years.
- Food Handler Certificate a plus
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and work in cold and hot environments.