Orange Glaze Directions:
- In a small saucepan, bring orange juice, water, rice vinegar, and soy sauce to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and stir in cornstarch slurry, brown sugar, and grated garlic clove and stir until uniform. Allow mixture to reduce and thicken. Remove from heat and stir in orange zest. Set aside.
Fried Chicken Directions:
- Remove Roli Roti Salad Chicken from packaging and pat dry.
2. Beat 1 egg in a shallow dish. Dip chicken breasts in egg mixture, fully coating both sides.
3. In a large resealable plastic bag, mix together cornstarch, all-purpose flour, salt, and black pepper. Put the egg-washed chicken in the bag, seal, and shake to coat. Remove from bag and allow to rest on a plate. The breading will thicken into a batter.
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan to about 375-400ºF. Be sure to use enough oil to cover the chicken breast. Fry the chicken breast until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes each.
- Lay the fried chicken on a wire rack and brush with a thick layer of orange glaze.
- In a small mixing bowl, add broccoli slaw, red cabbage, cilantro, sesame seeds, sesame oil, and lime juice. Toss to mix and salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare the buns by adding mayo to the top bun. Lay the orange chicken breasts on the bottom buns, top with slaw, and cover with the top bun. Best enjoyed hot!
Lemon Pepper Half Chicken