Position: Fabrication Staff Department: Fabrication Reports to: Fabrication Lead Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
The role of the Fabrication staff is to produce primarily meat items for further processing including roasting, vacuum sealing, seasoning, and skewering. Work includes both USDA and FDA items for sale to the general public and wholesale.
- Maintaining FIFO (first in – first out) principles of raw and finished goods in production
- Ensure work is completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to work safely
- Ability to work in a team as well as alone
- Follow GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) in the preparation of food items
- Follow directions and willing to learn and improve skills
- Knife and butchering skill
Experience and Education
- None – training provided
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds and work in cold, hot, and loud environments.
- Some overtime required; afternoons and occasionally weekends
- PPE is required and will be provided